Posted on: 23 January 2016
If you're fixing up an old car or you have recently been involved in a car collision, you may be considering taking your vehicle to an auto body collision repair and paint shop to upgrade its paint color. After all, the color of your car is the first that you, as well as others, see. And with so many different shades and hues of colors available, and popularity of certain colors ranging from one year to the next and by vehicle type, how do you choose the best color for your ride? Well, before you schedule an appointment with the paint shop, here are a couple of things you should consider when trying to figure out a good color:
What Do You Use Your Car For?
One of the first things to consider is the function of your car. Do you drive it on a daily basis to and from work or school? If so, you will probably want to stay with a traditional and simple color. The more out-there colors will be harder to retouch and could potentially go out of style in a couple of years, such as the ever-popular imperial blue metallic that was discontinued in 2011. And, if you decide to sell your car in the future, it will be much easier to do so if you don't have a vehicle with a discontinued or gutsy color, such as a sunset metallic orange or a metallic purple.
What Type of Personality Do You Have?
Believe it or not, your car color can depict your personality. Fox Business says that:
- White Cars = Elegance, Taste, Purity and Honesty. Keep in mind that white can be difficult to keep clean, but it does reflect heat better.
- Black Cars = Luxury, Sophisticated, Royalty, and Power. It is a classic color that suggests control. It was the top color for luxury rides in 2013.
- Silver Cars = Innovative and High-Class. It's a popular color because it reflects the heat better than a black car, but it doesn't attract near as much dirt as a white car.
- Red Cars = Power, Action, Masculinity, Fun and Confidence. This is a color that is going to garner lots of attention from others.
- Blue Cars = Happy, Practical, Serenity, Truthfulness and Stability. It is a popular color for parents who want to demonstrate a stable family presence.
The function of the vehicle and your individual personality (or what you want others to think of you) is crucial when selecting a new paint color for your vehicle. If you're uncertain, you can always speak to a professional at an auto body collision repair shop for more advice.Share